Friday, February 26, 2010

Hello Manhattan!

Ladies and gents, I have arrived in the great city of New York.  After a week of packing, moving, unpacking, preparing for the UN trip, I was exhausted, nervous and anxious about facing the cold and the trip.  But as soon as I got here (and got over that first blast of frosty wind), I was in love.  I love it here.

The whole city is one big slush pile on the ground and a giant snow globe by air.  The snowflakes are unbelievably big and best of all, I'm not cold and miserable.  My borrowed coat from the Rev. Martha is actually doing the trick (thank you M.!).

Today, I checked into the Seafarer's Guest House, visited the Episcopal Church Center at 815 2nd Ave., and went to the UN to register as a delegate.
View Larger Map


I stood in a bureaucratic line for a pass and id. 


I met up with my good friend Michelle who is on furlough from Bangkok and passing through NYC. 
We met up for soup dumplings at Joe's Shanghai.
And then I met the rest of my teammates and went through a whirlwind of an orientation about all things UN that left us wide-eyed.  I'll have to fill you in about that more later when I'm more awake.

I'll be tweeting a lot more than I ever have for this next week.   See you on this blog and in tweetland!

No comments:

Post a Comment